North West Resources Pty Limited (NWR) proposes to develop the Blue Spec Shear Gold-Antimony Project at a brownfields mine site located approximately 18 km east north-east of Nullagine and 180 km north of Newman, Western Australia. The project will include mining and processing operations at two high grade gold and antimony deposits known as Blue Spec and Gold Spec. Exploration has been occurring in the Project Area since 1906 and mining since 1935.
Bioscope Environmental has been providing environmental services to NWR since October 2009. These have included:
- Coordination and management of the environmental approvals work plan. This included an extensive program of baseline environmental investigations.
- Preparation of an environmental referral under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 and management of the assessment process.
- Preparation of a Stakeholder Engagement Plan.
- Preparation of a draft Mining Proposal.
- Mine closure planning and drafting of a Mine Closure Plan.
- Assistance with statutory reporting.
- Environmental management system development.
- General environmental advice and assistance.